This wouldn't be that hard to implement, you can get the unique ID for the workflow from the parser gem, see:

https://github.com/myExperiment/workflow_parser-t2flow/blob/master/lib/t2flow/model.rb#L136

Then you'd just need to extract it in the parsing method:

https://github.com/myGrid/taverna-player-portal/blob/master/app/models/workflow.rb#L40

and store it in a new field in the database.

Cheers,

Finn