GitHub user stain opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/pull/43

    WIP: Avoid distributing CC-BY works

    .. but instead distribute our derived Java classes as produced by the Jena
maven plugin schemagen.

    Unlike CC-BY-SA,
[CC-BY](https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/legalcode) is not
"share-alike", so our derived work (`*.java`) can be distributed as the Apache
license as long as we fulfill the CC-BY attribution requirements.

    [CC-BY 3.0 section
4](https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/legalcode) talks about
adaptations (my emphases):

    > If You Distribute, or Publicly Perform the Work or any **Adaptations** or
Collections, You must, unless a request has been made pursuant to Section 4(a),
keep intact all copyright notices for the Work and provide, reasonable to the
medium or means You are utilizing:
    > (i) the **name of the Original Author** (or pseudonym, if applicable) if
supplied, and/or if the Original Author and/or Licensor designate another party
or parties (e.g., a sponsor institute, publishing entity, journal) for
attribution ("Attribution Parties") in Licensor's copyright notice, terms of
service or by other reasonable means, the name of such party or parties;
    > (ii) the **title of the Work** if supplied;
    > (iii) to the extent reasonably practicable, **the URI**, if any, that
Licensor specifies to be associated with the Work, unless such URI does not
refer to the copyright notice or licensing information for the Work; and
    > (iv) , consistent with Section 3(b), in the case of an Adaptation, a
**credit identifying the use of the Work** in the Adaptation (e.g., "French
translation of the Work by Original Author," or "Screenplay based on original
Work by Original Author").

    > The credit required by this Section 4 (b) may be implemented in any
reasonable manner; provided, however, that in the case of a Adaptation or
Collection, at a minimum such credit will appear, **if a credit for all
contributing authors of the Adaptation or Collection appears, then as part of
these credits** and in a manner **at least as prominent** as the credits for
the other contributing authors.
    > For the avoidance of doubt, You may only use the credit required by this
Section for the **purpose of attribution** in the manner set out above and, by
exercising Your rights under this License, You may not implicitly or explicitly
assert or imply any connection with, sponsorship or endorsement by the Original
Author, Licensor and/or Attribution Parties, as appropriate, of You or Your use
of the Work, without the separate, express prior written permission of the
Original Author, Licensor and/or Attribution Parties.

    Reading this it seems that the most appropriate attribution is in our
NOTICE file, where we thus need to include the name or the original work,
author. Note that the attribution does NOT say that we have to attribute the
CC-BY license for the Derived Work, therefore we can license it as Apache
License.

    See the suggested
[NOTICE](https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/blob/no-ontologies/NOTICE#L11)
 addition - it was tricky to word this correct so it does not imply that the
generated `*.java` are licensed CC-BY!

    A downside of hard-coding the generated classes is that they are trickier
to update - however these ontologies are by now stable and rarely change.

    This pull request is Work in Progress as there are other CC-BY files that
would need similar 'schemagen' generation.

    $ git pull https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language
no-ontologies

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/pull/43.patch

    This closes #43

----
commit f88ea045cf8e8bbec568266af53fe77bd96907a0
Author: Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@...>
Date:   2018-11-21T11:19:18Z

    Adding generated-code under Apache License

commit 98dcf2bb86ed1f813e768b69064a9ecbc704c180
Author: Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@...>
Date:   2018-11-21T11:25:49Z

    Moved CC-BY to NOTICE as it is just attribution

    .. not a license on our derivative work!

commit 5778e6fb731a6ea87a2556d0c8741c0215ae4fc6
Author: Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@...>
Date:   2018-11-21T11:26:49Z

    attributions moved to NOTICE

commit 110c351bbe573916a6c812b2f2e55922be78ad25
Author: Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@...>
Date:   2018-11-21T11:53:05Z

    Simplify NOTICE to avoid CC-BY confusion

commit f31ee1824206dd7ad28fa4a6d62d22f000a11c00
Author: Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@...>
Date:   2018-11-21T11:56:10Z

    Apache license

----