Hi community,

I'm initiating a vote thread to propose a change in the default
branch for Teaclave TrustZone SDK
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-teaclave-trustzone-sdk>
from "master" to "no-std".

Teaclave TrustZone SDK is based on the
OP-TEE <https://www.op-tee.org/> project and offers ergonomic APIs
for Trusted Application developers.

Currently, we provide two development modes for Rust Trusted
Applications (TAs): `no-std` (the `no-std` branch) and `std` (the
original `master` branch).

We began developing `no-std` in December 2023. It is recommended
for its utilization of the standard Rust toolchain, resulting in
performance improvements and reduction in binary size. The `no-std`
TA has been integrated into OP-TEE's building system, replacing the
original `std` TAs since OP-TEE Release 4.1.0 (19/Jan/24).

While our original `std` support allows for the usage of more
third-party crates, manual porting of `std` occurs infrequently.
Therefore, we maintain it as an option for functionality, keep its
original branch name "master" for compatibility purposes.
(Additionally, we're considering upstreaming the
`aarch64-unknown-optee-trustzone` target to the official Rust
repository.)

At this stage, to promote `no-std` as the preferred choice for
developers, I propose changing the default branch to "no-std".

The vote will be open for at least 7 days. Everyone is welcome to
share your thoughts and cast your vote. Please vote by replying to
this thread explicitly.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason