Please review the draft incubator report for Tephra. Let me know if any
changes are required. The report is due tomorrow.
Tephra is a system for providing globally consistent transactions on top of
Apache HBase and other storage engines.
Tephra has been incubating since 2016-03-07.
Two most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
1. Improve community engagement
2. Increase adoption
Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
- None at this time.
How has the community developed since the last report?
- 15 new JIRAs filed since the last report
- 1 external contributors submitted patches since the last report
- 1 external contributor created tickets in JIRA since the last report
How has the project developed since the last report?
- Working on 0.14.0-incubating release
- Adding support for HBase 2.0 (new major version of HBase)
How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.
[ ] Initial setup
[ ] Working towards first release
[x] Community building
[ ] Nearing graduation
[ ] Other:
Date of last release:
When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
- None since coming to incubation
[ ](tephra) Alan Gates
[ ](tephra) Andrew Purtell
[ ](tephra) James Taylor
[ ](tephra) Lars Hofhansl