Hi,

Thisis Xuan with Microsoft. We are looking at the Tez statistics model trying
toextend it to support our custom workloads. Here are some observations of
thefew statistics objects in the current codebase:

1.   InputStatistics,OutputStatictics and VertexStatiscs are interfaces in
tez-api.

2.   TaskStatistics is a classin tez-runtime-internals.

3.   VertexStatiscsImpl is aninner class of VertexImpl implementing
VertexStatistics in tez-dag.

4.   IOStatistics is in a classin tez-runtime-internals and IOStaticsticsImpl
is a static inner class ofVertexImpl extending IOStatistics but implementing
InputStatistics andOutputStatistics.

Ourintention is to extend VertexStatisticsImpl so that we can aggregate the
custompayload in TaskStatistics. But the object model here seems to be
ratherconfusing and not consistent. We are planning to do some work in this
area toimprove it, but not sure whether there is any work going on right now
and thestatus of it?

Regards,

XuanCao