On 10/13/2016 12:59 AM, Jake Farrell wrote:
Wanted to float the idea about using slack as a communication channel for
Apache Thrift and see what others thought. A couple other projects at the
ASF have been using it and so far it has been really a nice complement to
irc when everything gets setup and is working.

After talking with Slack I was able to secure the thrift.slack.com team and
have started setting it up for us to trial. I've enabled sameroom to mirror
all conversations between Slack and irc so nothing will be missed and I
have enabled archiving at http://thrift.slackarchive.io, just waiting for
final confirmation for that integration now.

If this is something that people are interested in keeping and using over
irc then we can open the invitations and signups to everyone. Thoughts,
objections?

-Jake

I'd be willing to give it a shot... to be honest personally I only occasionally open up an IRC client so having a slack channel available might be a nice alternative