Github user jeking3 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1327

    @jfarrell this pull request is bogus and this topic should be closed.

    I reproduced your issue with THeaderTransport under CentOS 6.9 and the same
installation instructions.  The construction arguments need to pass the
complete template in this case:

        : TVirtualTransport<THeaderTransport, TFramedTransport>(inTransport)

    instead of

        : TVirtualTransport(inTransport)

    That should get you past the issue.
    It appears none of the more recent compilers require this to function
properly, so we're probably not going to patch for it.

---
with INFRA.
---