Github user jeking3 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1382

    Is there a way you can provide a generated NewFooClientFactory as an
adapter to run the new code?  i.e. (sorry this isn't go, but you get the idea):

    mypkg.NewFooClientFactory(transport, protocolFactory) { return
mypkg.NewFooClient(thrift.NewTStandardClient(protocolFactory.GetProtocol(transport)));
 }

    This would make it backwards compatible for everyone and you wouldn't need
to change any of the test files, I believe?  This would be better overall for
the project to maintain backwards compatibility.  Let me know what you think.

    I was away for a couple days on college tours with my son, sorry for the
delay.

---