Github user jeking3 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1448

    I tried to use this work and did a little bit of cmake work to straighten
out options.  What I found is that there is a boost dependency in the
safe_numeric_cast in TTransportException.hpp and there's another boost
dependency in TProtocol.h (for endian detection) that needs to be resolved.

    What I would suggest is that you try building on Windows without boost,
disabling build of tests and tutorials, so that all you build is the compiler
and the C++ library.

    You can see what I did in my referenced pull request in my fork.

---