Github user jeking3 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1380

    THRIFT-3458 is also related, and the approach in THRIFT-3458 would allow us
to add the apache git repo to dub directly so we should move in that direction,
but still try to use dub to build in lib/d, test/d, tutorial/d.  I closed
THRIFT-4504 as a duplicate of THRIFT-3458.  If we can get this PR to the point
where there is a dub file at the top level of the repository that builds lib/d,
that will allow us to add the apache repo to the dub registry and have it build
and publish a dub package.

---