AFAICT, libthrift can be used in Android, but…I’ll actually have to use an
IDL, generate code and try create an app to confirm this. It’ll take some
time because I know nothing about Android.

Allen

On December 30, 2018 at 11:15:02, Allen George (allen.geo...@gmail.com)
wrote:
My gut feeling is that almost no one will be using a Java ME target
anymore. These days people who use Java will be doing so as part of an
Android project. As a result, it’s probably better for us to try use the
main Java library in Android, see what breaks, and change that library - if
possible - to cover both targets. Since Java (compiler + library) is
responsible for a significant chunk of the project’s JIRAs, focus on a
single Java target would have the added advantage of cleaning up the bug
tracker.

Allen

------------------------------
*From:* James E. King III <jk...@apache.org>
*Sent:* Sunday, December 30, 2018 9:58 AM
*To:* dev@thrift.apache.org
*Subject:* The JavaME library is rotting - do we need it?

Before calling a vote on this, the last checkins to lib/javame were in
2015, and when you compare the sources to what's in lib/java, the
differences are that the lib/java library has received updates, but the
lib/javame library has not. For example a configurable maximum frame size.

Do we really need two? In C++ one would just use macros to provide the
kind of support that seems to be the difference between the two - for
example using String instead of StringBuffer or URL. Perhaps JavaME has
these things now however?

Thoughts? Do we need a separate implementation for JavaME?

- Jim