I was trying the compiler from the latest master branch, and got this error
on one of our existing thrift files:

[ERROR:/path/to/file.thrift:182] (last token was 'uuid')

The line is basically a field named uuid:

  40: optional string uuid,

So I think what happens is that uuid is now a reserved word of thrift, and
we can no longer use it as the name of a field/struct/etc. (the same as we
cannot name a field "string" or "i64")

This is a big problem. This means that old thrift file no longer compiles
without modification (uuid is likely a commonly used field name right now
when we actually needs an uuid there), and renaming an existing field is
also a breaking change (it means all the code have to be changed to
accommodate the new field name).

I'm not sure how feasible it is to make it not a reserved word?