Hi Alex,

[CC to dev@tika.a.o]

You may want to look at Apache Tika, which is like a “digital babel

fish” parser and MIME type identification and language detection
system for 1200+ file formats.

http://tika.apache.org/

Is VMF this “VMF” format?

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Map_Format

If so, it doesn’t look like Tika has support for it - but you
may want to file a request at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA
requesting support and maybe someone will consider it.

In addition if you find an ALv2 compatible [1] licensed parser
in Java and it works well please consider letting folks know on
the JIRA issue and/or submitting it upstream to Tika by wrapping
it using Tika’s Parser interface [2].

Cheers,
Chris

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a