Hi Lewis,

> On Sep 21, 2016, at 2:32pm, lewis john mcgibbney <lewi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Ken,
> Good question. Answer below
>
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 2:16 PM, <dev-digest-h...@tika.apache.org> wrote:
>

>> From: Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
>> To: dev@tika.apache.org
>> Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 09:22:46 -0700
>> Subject: Re: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-12186
>> Interesting, though I don’t see how to turn all that information into
>> prioritized actions.
>>
>> Is there some other Apache project that has a write-up of how they use it?
>>

> Well... here's a suggestion. Say I navigate to [0], I see on the RHS that
> there are no blocking issues, however that there are ~265 major issues.
> If I click on the critical link, I get to [1].
> This lists, on a class-by-class basis suggestions for improvements and
> potential bug fixes.
> It would be suggestion, that actions should address one class at a time. At
> very worst, this is <265 issues/PR's.
> How does that sound?

Thanks for the pointers. I spent some time exploring the results.

It looks like it uses PMD under the hood.

Which has typical issues with source code analyzers and false positives, e.g.
it flags an empty if block as a critical issue, even though that’s often the
right thing to do.

After poking around a bit, I did find a few interesting things that should be
cleaned up.

But looks like a login is needed to flag issues as false positives - I tried a
few of my existing Apache credentials, but they didn’t work.

— Ken

> Lewis
>
> [0] https://analysis.apache.org/dashboard/index?id=org.apache.tika%3Atika
> [1]