Hello community,
I have successfully tested Tesseract 4.0 on various images of different
sizes, orientation and lightening
conditions. I would, in the next few days, publish the results on a blog
for you to have a look at.

Although I'm able to reliably measure the clock time, accuracy, etc, I am
not able to come up with a method
to reliably measure the memory consumed. Any pointers on this from the
developer community would be
appreciated.

VGG group has two models released
<http://www.robots.ox.ac.uk/~vgg/research/text/#sec-models>. I'm not able
to test any as of now due to no back compatibility with
the MatConvNet used. I use a recent version of MATLAB. As of now, I am
trying to get around it by updating
parts of the code. I'm also contacting the mainters of the repository to
help me address the issues.
I'm hopeful to run them.

Addressing Luis' concern, we won't be building VGG's models into Tika'
source. We would only be helping
the user deploy a REST API to which Tika's OCR subsystem passes the images
and retrieve the information
in the form of a string.

Thank you,
Kranthi Kiran GV,