On Thu, 18 May 2017, Timothy Allison wrote:
I think this would be ok if we added a warning that -z is different and a pointer to changing the config?

Works for me. I've raised https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-2374 for us to track/implement once 1.15 is out of the way

Nick

On 2017-05-18 17:02 (-0400), Nick Burch wrote:
Hi All>

I've just been caught out by the Tika App's -z on a PDF not extracting the >
embedded images. I think we probably shouldn't tweak the default config >
for the other Tika App modes, but what about extract? Any reason why we >
shouldn't turn on the PDF Parser option "extractInlineImages" when -z is >
specified and no explicit config is given?>

Thanks>
Nick>