Hi Chris, thanks,
On 21/09/17 18:54, Chris Mattmann wrote:
Thanks Sergey, feel free to CC me directly at mattm...@apache.org on the Beam
thread.
My own 2c is that Tika’s “metadata” extraction can be any order, and with our
tika-dl module
and the new feature extraction from multimedia files using Tensorflow and DL4j
these are
perfect examples where the order/extraction doesn’t matter…

Are these data the 'metadata' (author, date) or the text content ? The main issue so far is that TikaIO will extract the content in the right order but the Bean threads can totally reorder the individual content pieces - so the first question is what, from the practical point of view, can be done with these unordered data pieces, and then the follow, TikaIO+Beam implementation specific issue, is how to ensure the data are ordered all the way, till they reach the end of the pipeline

I'll CC you :-)

Thanks. Sergey