My +1 to this idea.

IMHO, second option is more flexible. I also like Nick's suggestion about
using default package for handlers and interpret dot-separated string as
fqcn. Solr does similar thing and it's very convenient to use (but they use
prefix `solr.` for their classes in predefined package and any other is
interpreted as fqcn).

I'll add that you could allow user to pass several comma-separated handlers
to allow build content-handler stack if user wants to.

I would disagree with Sergey about serialized lambdas for 2 reasons:
- it's useful only for java-clients;
- it could bring very nasty bugs leading to RCE class vulnerabilities, so
it's very controversial from security PoV.

--

Best regards,
Konstantin Gribov