Hi Everyone!

Happy to be one of the committers for Tika!

My name is Nicholas DiPiazza - I reside in Madison, Wisconsin USA. My name
is Sicilian in origin, and I look Italian... but I'm actually 50% Irish!

I started doing Tika contributions through my work at Lucidworks (
https://lucidworks.com) building connectors that grab content from various
data sources such as SharePoint, Google Drive, OneDrive, Alfresco, etc.,
parsing it using Apache Tika, and eventually indexing it into Solr.

I primarily do back-end Java work but also do work in various languages and
frameworks. Most recently I have been doing a lot in Scala and Spark.

I have been having a lot of fun making Tika work at a massive scale inside
Kube containers! I scraped together a homemade version of the Tika Pipes
project in Tika 1.x to meet some needs I had, and then later collaborated
with Tim Allison to get this into Tika 2.x. Super stoked to get this in a
major version of Tika.

Other stuff about me:

I play drums for a metal band called Wake and Prevail
https://www.reverbnation.com/wakeandprevail although the Covid situation
has put music on hold indefinitely, I still jam to albums in my basement
regularly.

I play Starcraft 2 in my spare time, but am stuck in the Diamond League as
I don't want to hurt my fingers/wrists getting my APM any higher.

I prefer Ubuntu, Windows then Mac in that order. My Mac is actually in a
box back from when I moved and I have managed not to need it for several
months now.

Looking forward to doing even more contributions throughout the next couple
years, in particular improving our DWG support and improving the OneNote
parsing. And hoping to create Tika Pipes tutorials hopefully to help get
lots of people using that feature so we can get lots of contributions to
improve it.

Thanks!
-Nichiolas