[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-4917?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
 ]

Tim Allison updated TIKA-4917:
------------------------------
    Description: 
We have a custom DateUtils in tika-core. Then we also are bringing in a PDFBox 
dependency for our xmp-commons module.

The date parser in PDFBox is really good, and I don't want to lose it.

We can either see if the PDFBox project would be willing to move it to its own 
module or perhaps put it in pdfbox-io or we can copy+paste into tika-core and 
replace our DateUtils logic.

I propose the latter to start. This would be a 4.2.x change. It wouldn't go 
into 4.1.x.

 

As part of work on this ticket, unless we do this earlier, we'll bump the next 
release version to 4.2.0-SNAPSHOT.

  was:
We have a custom DateUtils in tika-core. Then we also are bringing in a PDFBox 
dependency for our xmp-commons module.

The date parser in PDFBox is really good, and I don't want to lose it.

We can either see if the PDFBox project would be willing to move it to its own 
module or perhaps put it in pdfbox-io or we can copy+paste into tika-core and 
replace our DateUtils logic.

I propose the latter to start. This would be a 4.2.x change. It wouldn't go 
into 4.1.x.


> Unify date parsing in 4.2.x
> ---------------------------
>
>                 Key: TIKA-4917
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-4917
>             Project: Tika
>          Issue Type: Task
>            Reporter: Tim Allison
>            Priority: Minor
>
> We have a custom DateUtils in tika-core. Then we also are bringing in a 
> PDFBox dependency for our xmp-commons module.
> The date parser in PDFBox is really good, and I don't want to lose it.
> We can either see if the PDFBox project would be willing to move it to its 
> own module or perhaps put it in pdfbox-io or we can copy+paste into tika-core 
> and replace our DateUtils logic.
> I propose the latter to start. This would be a 4.2.x change. It wouldn't go 
> into 4.1.x.
>  
> As part of work on this ticket, unless we do this earlier, we'll bump the 
> next release version to 4.2.0-SNAPSHOT.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)

Reply via email to