Github user spmallette commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-tinkerpop/pull/331

    I posted a note about this here:

    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/gremlin-users/56CI2PTWueg/0Hj915GyEQAJ

    with more explicit instructions. Your code change looks sensible as you
show in your comment and it's good to know that works, but now you need to get
us that code (with a unit test) in a good pull request that we can
review/accept.

    I assume that the reason you can't push is because you cloned the apache
repository. Again, you need to fork the Apache TinkerPop repo and make your
changes there, then submit your pull request to us from that. When you submit
your pull request it should only have your changes in it (note above how you
have tons of commits from lots of different people - that's always an indicator
that something isn't right). I gave pretty explicit instructions on how to
proceed in that mailing list post. I hope you can get familiar with GitHub
processes to submit this fix - it would be appreciated.

    I'm going to close this PR from my end.  Thanks.

---
with INFRA.
---