If folks thought it was a good idea, I'd love to put together a little
benchmarking harness so that it would be easy to swap various
implementations & tweaks in and out to measure how they perform. For
example, benchmarks running against different #'s of vertex properties,
edge counts, # of properties / edge, measuring things like latency, size in
memory, and size on disk.  I need to finish up TinkerPop-1254, but then I
could take a crack at this.  I already have done some work towards this in
TinkerPop-1287 to confirm improvements from stream removal in key spots so
perhaps I could extend upon that.

--Ted