Github user spmallette commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/418

    We definitely can do native python tests now. That stuff works. As it
stands we have no unit tests for the serializers. We could do with some for
sure. I'm content to accept this small PR though for what it is without a
battery of tests. The change is pretty small.

    Longer term though, I think we really need to work on the python test suite
so that when little PRs come it's easy for folks to just drop in a test or two
for their changes.

---
with INFRA.
---