Github user spmallette commented on the issue:
    ugh - i dunno guys - we kinda decided a couple weeks ago on dev that we
weren't going to go too deep into supporting a windows build. i mean i'd like
the basics to work like `mvn clean install`, but not at the risk of disrupting
core development work.
    not sure what you can do about the symlinks situation - i guess you could
add those to rat config to exclude them, because they won't have the license in
them as symlinks or files.

contact infrastructure at or file a JIRA ticket
with INFRA.