Github user okram commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/450

    @jorgebay  -- thanks for being patient. We have pushed off thinking about
this since it wasn't going into the 3.2.3 and we were dealing with that release
the last 2+ weeks.

    I would like to get this into 3.2.4, so, lets focus on it again!

    We need to get the promise-based API settled for Gremlin-Java and then we
can ripple that to Gremlin-JavaScript.  Thus, I think we should solve and merge
this ticket first:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-1490

    I'm not too smart in this type of work ("promise" "future" etc. APIs)... so
help on that ticket would be appreciated. Also, would having this worked out,
then help to solidify your open questions on Gremlin-JavaScript?

---
with INFRA.
---