Yes the hasCode() and equals() is correct. It is however a slightly heavier operation than TinkerGraph as Sqlg's Element's id is a more complex object holding the label and its id.

I should have mentioned that in Sqlg the traverser is always a B_LP_O_P_S_SE_SL_Traverser. As Sqlg returns multiple VertexSteps in one go I use the path information to reconstruct the jdbc ResultSet from the db. This makes the hashCode() and equals() operation heavier as it is called on B_LP_O_P_S_SE_SL_Traverser which calls hashCode() and equals() on Path and they in turn are non trivial operations.

Cheers
Pieter