GitHub user spmallette opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/784

    TINKERPOP-1874 P does not appear to be serialized consistently in GraphSON

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-1874

    Added  bunch of tests for this and found that .NET was still working, but
that was just because of how the gherkin processor was generating the
traversals (it was always converting `P` args to lists basically). I modified
the `P` template for .NET and made it so that `within` and `without` are
handled differently from the other enums - `within` and `without` will always
pass a collection rather than an individual object if there is only one item
present in the arg array.

    I also updated the IO docs to include `within` and `without` so that it was
clear to implementers what was expected for them. I may have to come back and
do some cleanup here, but I already went deep on my PR to master for this so
I'd rather just CTR in the doc fixes later.

    $ git pull https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop TINKERPOP-1874

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/784.patch

    This closes #784

----
commit 261b93b646c503068328d291224b430e4618410b
Author: Stephen Mallette <spmva@...>
Date:   2018-01-18T22:07:21Z

    TINKERPOP-1874 Added tests around P

    Validates various forms of serialization with focus on GraphSON and GLVs
(where there were problems).

commit 822b33174c87a2a918b3fc9df421585a57ef3345
Author: Stephen Mallette <spmva@...>
Date:   2018-01-19T13:18:25Z

    TINKERPOP-1874 keep P.within and P.without using collection

    GraphSON deserialization of P.within and P.without expects a single
collection regardless of the number of values, so even a single argument should
serialize to a list.

commit 1c33340277612ba81ee751d8f91297621d9476de
Author: Stephen Mallette <spmva@...>
Date:   2018-01-19T13:37:29Z

    TINKERPOP-1874 Added P.within/out graphson examples for io docs

----

---