I would prefer to keep it like we have it now. A barrier size of 1000 mean
doesn't necessarily mean, that we will get a lot of traversers. In fact, it
will mostly be way fewer in a good traversal executed on a well-modeled
graph. Thus I'd say let's better keep the memory footprint low. However, I
might underestimate the cost of resizing, so this is purely based on my
opinion / gut feeling, not on any kind of benchmarks.

Cheers,
Daniel