Github user spmallette commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/838

    Sorry, but I haven't had time to dig into this into any great detail.
Hopefully, sometime this week. Here's some quick comments based on the
discussion:

    > I actually think we should make DFS the default for OLTP
    >  I'd want to give users a bit of time to know this exists, and make the
switch after there's some awareness of the option to toggle between the two.

    That's a topic that is probably worth a DISCUSS thread on the dev mailing
list. I typically reference threads like that as a link in the associated JIRA.

    > mvn clean test

    That should work, but typically only after `mvn clean install` of a new
branch.  gremlin-shaded and hadoop-gremlin typically cause that problem, as a
result, you really can only do `mvn clean install` at least until 3.4.x when i
get some changes in (maybe...hopefully).

---