sgtm, I'm also +1 on releasing patch releases asap to fix it.

Regarding gremlin-javascript, we could include TINKERPOP-1944 (I just
submitted a pull request) but I'm not sure we can include TINKERPOP-1943,
the implementation is trivial but it will require some changes to make the
test suite pass with GraphSON3 (Map instances vs Objects).