GitHub user spmallette opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/865

    TINKERPOP-1963 Fixed branch() problems with reducing steps as options

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-1963

    Not sure I fixed this in the best way possible, but I added an
`IdentityStep` to the front of each option:

https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/compare/tp32...TINKERPOP-1963?expand=1#diff-546a91c51e7b731ccea30f0e4aff5d83R68

    and then later checked that step to see if anything had been injected into
it to determine if the choice had evaluated to `true` or not (since that was
the existing way in which that was done).  I'm open to better approaches to
resolving this problem if they can be suggested. Also ready to hear that "this
way won't work because..." In the mean time.....

    All tests pass with `docker/build.sh -t -n -i`

    VOTE +1

    $ git pull https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop TINKERPOP-1963

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/865.patch

    This closes #865

----
commit 96072c7bc8962bbd15c6263c5e5eed6af8f9dd27
Author: Stephen Mallette <spmva@...>
Date:   2018-05-09T21:52:32Z

    TINKERPOP-1963 Fixed branch() problems with reducing steps as options

----

---