Github user spmallette commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/842

    > Symmetry doesn't help me much if my GLV decides to return some obscure
type that I can't process

    I sense the chance of that is a bit low, especially if in the future we
look to discourage use of these Java specific types. Most graphs don't natively
support these Java Time types, so getting one you don't expect would be odd. I
think the original intent for having these at all was to better support the old
script API where you might do some calculations in your Gremlin script and
return one of these types, so in that case, you would be in control of whether
or not you used that type in the first place.

    > I am available to make the appropriate changes,...

    Thanks, that's appreciated.

    > I just hope in the end there will be enough support retained for us to
work with CosmosDB graph

    Please let us know how that pans out.

---