Github user spmallette commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/876

    This PR shows a pretty nice level of understanding of the intricacies of
the core of how Gremlin works.  We rarely get PRs that touch this area of
TinkerPop to any depth. I found it interesting that most of the plumbing for
this feature was already there. It mostly just needed a new `Traverser` species
in place to make it all come together.

    I made a separate comment on this PR to expand a unit test case, but other
than that, it looks pretty good. As a minor nit, @GCHQResearcher1337 if you
could please make a second pass through your changes and `final` any variables
you see that can be marked as such (as that is our style).

    @dkuppitz could you take a look at the Gremlin tests added here in detail
and see if you would recommend any others?

    Anyway, that's my initial pass at this. I expect to give it a second look
before I provide my VOTE. I would also like to see feedback from @dkuppitz who
is on holiday until next week, so I probably won't have any other feedback
until then.

---