About npm, within the "latest" distribution tag
<https://docs.npmjs.com/cli/dist-tag>, it sorts by date on their web UI but
the dependencies are resolved correctly according to semver and tilde/caret
notations, so there isn't much to worry about except that the latest shown
on the website is not *the* latest :)
The most used notation on node.js to note prereleases is x.y.z-beta1 /
x.y.z-rc1,
there is more info here:
https://docs.npmjs.com/misc/semver#prerelease-identifiers

I'll deploy 3.4.0-rc1 to npm on the "beta" distribution tag, and 3.4.0-rc1
on nuget.org.

For next time, shouldn't we use "alpha/beta" instead of "rc"? rc denotes
code completion, no further API changes.