Hello,

** This email is primarily for Kuppitz, Josh, and Stephen. ***

I sent the DRAFT specification to George to get some feedback regarding a
potential home for the work.

As it stands, I think we have a really solid approach. Once the concept of a
“instruction patterns” hit home, we were off to the races. The general trends
that I would like to see us get solid:

        1. The mm-ADT ?Programming? Language [Kuppitz and Marko]
                * This is developing into an interesting body of work unto
itself.
                * What is the role of this language beyond communication in the
doc and use in the binary serialization protocol?
                * Should we have a whole “language spec” section ?!
                        - I would like to get the language solid first so we
don’t have to update so much when things change.

        2. The mm-ADT Modeling Secondary Structures [Marko, Kupppitz, Stephen]
                * Kuppitz and I had a great run on these ideas this week.
                        - We understand indices, foreign keys, schemas,
denormalizations, views, aggregations...
                * However, we need to show how to express all known database
techniques in mm-ADT.

        3. The model-ADTs Specifications [Marko, Josh]
                * We have property graphs 60% covered.
                * We have RDBMs “covered” in the running examples section.
                * We need to fill out the RDF, Document, Wide-Column, RDBMS, …
                * Depends heavily on the 1 & 2 above AND 4 below.

        4. mm-ADT Writes [Marko, Kuppitz, Josh]
                * We have ‘reading’ understood, but what about writes?
                * All I have thus far is how you would “write to references.”
(table inserts, vertex add, ..)
                * This will effect our story on views, denormalization, foreign
keys, …
                * This is probably our biggest unknown right now.

Anywho, this weekend I’m going to continue reading through the various database
textbooks I have and mapping the concepts to mm-ADT. I plan to start hard
charging again early Monday morning.

Epic week.

Take care,
Marko.