I'm +1 on the approach, tbh I'm partial to GraphBinary :D

Trying to complete GraphBinary support in the GLVs for 3.4.x line seems
feasible, it shouldn't be much work to implement as most of the heavy
lifting was done on the server part.
It would be nice to run all GLV integration tests (gherkin features) with
both GraphSON3 and GraphBinary.