I didn't notice. Did you follow my advice to check write permissions on all
of the webapps directories.

As reported, if the tomcat user cannot write to each webapp (or at least the
webapp/META-INF directory), then creation of the server.xml will fail in the
manner you describe.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/