On 15/11/2015 11:54, Martin Grigorov wrote:

<snip/>

> Running just 'ant' downloads tomcat-native.tar.gz (1.2.2) to base.path.
> But this file is just copied in ./output/build/bin/, it is not untar-ed.

Correct. The source ships in that directory for the Tomcat .tar.gz
distro. Users of that distro are expected to build tc-native themselves.

> So I've checked in build.xml and saw that at line 1927 it copies the .dll
> files, as part of "dist-static" target. Executing "ant dist-target" leads
> to:
<snip/>
> Why win32 ?!
> Later I see the Unix versions being downloaded too, so maybe it just
> download everything and then decides which ones to actually use. Not a big
> issue.

Because the Tomcat binary distros for Windows ship with the pre-built
tc-native binaries.

> 2) at step "extras-commons-logging" it fails with:

Looks like you are using a version of Ant with known issues.