If you are going to build it yourself, it will work with versions much older than 2.0.54. I checked the change list for API changes of apache and found nothing that's related to what mod_jk uses at least back until 2.0.41. I think 2.0.54 is pretty save.

But: If you are simply downloading provided binaries, they might be incompatible independant of the Apache version, because the build environment for the module might not fit your apache binary (different compilers etc.).

Regards,

Rainer

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Just a quick question - does this REQUIRE Apache 2.0.58 or is verified it
works with it?  We're using Apache 2.0.54 but want to upgrade our mod_jk
only.

cheers,

David
x54680

|         |           Jim Jagielski    |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>|
|         |           19/09/2006 15:07 |
|         |           "Tomcat          |
|         |           Developers List" |

  |       To:       "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
                                                 |
  |       cc:       Tomcat Developers List <dev@tomcat.apache.org>
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: mod_jk 1.2.19 release candidate: ready to test

+1 for release: