GitHub user violetagg opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/tomcat/pull/42

    Read events suspend/resume logic in websocket impl to achieve backpressure

    Hi,

    Currently JSR356 provides possibility to add message handlers in order to
receive web socket
    messages but there is no way to instruct the web socket implementation to
suspend for a while
    the incoming messages (backpressure) so that the application is able to
process the already delivered messages.
    The other web containers (Jetty, Undertow) supports such functionality so I
would like to introduce it in Tomcat.
    I prepared one possible implementation.

    What do you think about this feature and the proposed implementation?

    Regards,
    Violeta

    $ git pull https://github.com/violetagg/tomcat ws-suspend-resume

    https://github.com/apache/tomcat/pull/42.patch

    This closes #42

----
commit c9c9619ec33fd6d8971752a91fb9bc7c81fd0c87