> From: Mark Thomas [mailto:ma...@apache.org]
> Subject: Re: svn commit: r1794651 [1/3] - in /tomcat/trunk:
java/org/apache/catalina/
> java/org/apache/catalina/ant/ java/org/apache/catalina/ant/jmx/
> java/org/apache/catalina/authenticator/
java/org/apache/catalina/connector/
> java/org/apache/catalina/core/ java...

> > > Le 10/05/2017 à 10:39, Mark Thomas a écrit :
> > > I think you might just have made Chuck's day with this commit.

Indeed - an effort I loudly applaud.

> What it you use? Regexp?

That's what I use to clean up piles of badly formatted code in our 2200
emulator and other products I'm responsible for.  Haven't found a formatter
program yet that does everything I want.  Multi-line if statements without
braces are another pet peeve - we've even had to fix Linux kernel modules a
couple of times after somebody dropped another line in between the if and
its target.

> > Now I wonder if this should be applied to the 7/8/8.5 branches to avoid
> > conflicts when backporting changes.

> +1

I would recommend that as well, just for consistency.

These might be relevant:
https://xkcd.com/1513/
https://xkcd.com/1695/
https://xkcd.com/1833/