Github user markt-asf commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tomcat/pull/72

    Tomcat provides (by default) a static content cache in the resources layer
so I do wonder if there is much benefit in caching the content in the JSP
engine as well.
    The proposed cache appears to be unbounded which is likely to be a problem
for larger installations. Also, there is no need to cache the JSP content once
it has been processed.
    My original thinking was more along the lines of some refactoring to allow
re-use of a single buffered input stream with some limit on the buffer size
that could mean the stream did need to be re-opened for large JSPs.
    It may be that the static content cache provided in the resources layer
provides sufficient benefit that tidying up the multiple input streams provides
minimal additional benefit in most cases. Where I would expect it to help is
the case when (for whatever reason) caching in the resource layer is disabled.

---
with INFRA.
---