Chris,

Smaller patches/PRs are more likely to be applied than huge ones.
Maybe start with a few small but useful patches to get things going?

Remember that the website is built using XSLT so don't edit the HTML
files directly, but rather have a look at the .xsl files and perhaps
the XML files if you need to modify the content directly.

While I understand the logic here, I'm not sure that it's feasible to do it in chunks, because the changes need to be made "atomically" so to speak.

Most of the changes will be in the CSS stylesheet, with some minor changes in the HTML.

I realize that it is built from XML files.

Igal