Date: Fri Jun 8 14:10:40 2018
New Revision: 1833172
Remove the entries that were implemented for 9.0.x and add a few of the ideas
that have been discussed for 10.0.x.
--- tomcat/trunk/TOMCAT-NEXT.txt (original)
+++ tomcat/trunk/TOMCAT-NEXT.txt Fri Jun 8 14:10:40 2018
@@ -15,45 +15,26 @@
limitations under the License.
-Notes of things to consider for the next major Tomcat release (9.0.x)
+Notes of things to consider for the next major Tomcat release (10.0.x)
- 1. DONE.
- Fix Java 8 Javadoc warnings.
+Items carried over from the 9.0.x list:
- 2. DONE.
- Remove BIO AJP and HTTP connector.
- 3. DONE.
- Remove Comet support.
- 4. DONE.
- Refactor the connectors to minimise code duplication.
- - All implementation specific per connector code -> Endpoint
- - All implementation specific per connection code -> SocketWrapper
- 5. DONE
- SNI support for JSSE.
- 6. See what Java 8 language features we want to use.
+1. Remove the use of system properties to control configuration wherever
- 7. Connector refactoring required for HTTP/2 APIs that might be exposed in
- the Servlet API.
+2. Reduce instances of setters and getters for the same property existing on
+ object and its parent. This may require new objects to be exposed via JMX.
- 8. Keep an eye on the other Java EE 8 EGs (no sign of any movement apart
- from the Servlet EG so far).
+3. Consider wrapping the SocketWrapper with a facade to detect / prevent
+ components retaining references longer than they should.
- 9. DONE
- Refactor WebSocket I/O to go directly to Tomcat's internals rather than via
- the Servlet API.
-10. Remove the use of system properties to control configuration wherever
+New items for 10.0.x onwards:
-11. Reduce instances of setters and getters for the same property existing on
- object and its parent. This may require new objects to be exposed via JMX.
+1. Remove APR connector.
-12. Consider wrapping the SocketWrapper with a facade to detect / prevent
- components retaining references longer than they should.
+2. Remove org.apache.tomcat.jni and replace with the minimum necessary to
+ interface with OpenSSL and clones.
-13. Asynchronous NIO2 styled alternate HTTP/2 implementation. Frame parsing
- would be in completion handlers.
+3. Remove the ExtensionValidator and associated classes (assuming that the
+ minimum Java version is Java 9 or later).
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscr...@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-h...@tomcat.apache.org