Romain,

On 6/27/18 11:50 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
> up? any hope we have live reloading of certs in tomcat?

Yup. Recent versions allow you to reload the SSLHostConfigs.

I was getting ready to update my presentation on Let's Encrypt,
actually, so this was a good nudge to actually do that.

I thought the operation would be exposed via JMX, but it does not
appear to be so. It's in the Manager application.

Have a look at what ManagerServlet.sslReload() does.

markt, any objection to taking this code and putting it into the
Connector under the public method reloadSSLHostConfig to make it (a)
accessible via JMX and (b) easy to access?

We have several options when it comes to JMX operations:

1. Connector
2. ProcotolHandler
3. SSLHostConfig

#3 doesn't make much sense, since SSLHostConfigs are the ones that
were loaded, and presumably will be replaced when a "reload" happens.

#2 would work fine, except that:

a. Everyone will look on the Connector first
and
b. The ProtocolHandler doesn't know if SSLEnabled=true on the connector

So I think this is best-done on the Connector.

Any comments or suggestions?

- -chris

> Romain Manni-Bucau @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |
> Blog <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book
> <https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-ee-8-high-perfo
rmance>

> Le mar. 2 janv. 2018 à 17:00, Romain Manni-Bucau
> <rmannibu...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> Yes, if tomcat can supports hot reloading of certs it is very
>> feasible:
>> https://github.com/rmannibucau/letsencrypt-manager/blob/master/src/ma
in/java/com/github/rmannibucau/letsencrypt/manager/LetsEncryptManager.ja
va

Romain Manni-Bucau