Hi developers, I just want  to post here a feature request.

There are several tutorials online on how to get Tomcat (any version)
running on a server. They will be mostly about using "wget" to download the
binaries and adding SystemV or systemd init files.

Those are fine, they work, but it makes harder to update Tomcat and a YUM
package is just a lot easier to manage, install, update, etc.

I am using AWS EC2 with an Amazon Linux AMI 2, so a systemd Linux
distribution that supports YUM and there isn't a YUM package for Tomcat 9
(at least not one that I can find anywhere).

I am not an experienced Linux user, so I don't know much about the
difficulties of YUM packaging or setting up an external YUM repository
(outside from the AWS managed one I mean), but I think the effort of adding
such a product into the Tomcat development process will be very much
welcome.

Thank you!