Github user markt-asf commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tomcat/pull/125

    I've now spent some time looking at this more closely.

    I like the idea of setting this once on the `Server` and then
auto-magically setting this on the `Connector`s.

    As I reviewed this, I noticed that we are still setting the port in
multiple places. That seems wrong to me as it creates the possibility of having
inconsistent settings. I am leaning towards refactoring `port` in the
`Connector` so it always delegates to the `Endpoint`. `portOffset` would then
be handled the same way.

    I am a little concerned about having `portOffset` on the `Server` and the
`Connector`. Again, there is scope there for the settings to become
inconsistent. However, I don't see any easy way around that.

    Finally, I am still mulling over the extent to which the currently used
port is exposed as `portWithOffset` and when `port` and `offset` are exposed
separately. I'm leaning towards a wider use of `portWithOffset` and separate
log messages that provide `portWithOffset`, `port` and `offset`.

    My current plan is to refactor port as describe above and then start to
integrate this patch. I'm expecting to tweak a few things as I go and I'm still
aiming for inclusion in 9.0.13.

---