Hi Romain, hi all,

are you sure you tried i as I described? Namely loading the config via a server.loader path property newly defined in conf/catalina.properties? And of course I was using the juli and juli-adapters jar from the 7.0.92 extras download.

I have another detail to report: it starts working even with Java 11 and using the server loader, when i place the log4j.jar and the juli-adapters.jar into the server loader instead of the common loader. That's interesting, because it was not needed until and including Java 10. It worked there by just putting the config into the server loader and keeping the log4j and juli-adapters jar in the common loader.

It seems that either for some reason the server loader is no longer parent of the common loader or the getResource() call changed behavior w.r.t. class loader hierarchies and delegation.

Will debug further.

Regards,

Rainer