On 2/21/2019 8:13 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
This is a VOTE to migrate the primary source code repository for Apache
Tomcat 9.0.x, 8.5.x and 7.0.x from svn to git.

The migration will be performed as per:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/Git+migration

with the following changes:
- 8.0.x will not be migrated
- the tag name format will be changed from "TOMCAT_9_0_5" to "9.0.5"
- the branches will be named master, 8.5.x and 7.0.x

The proposed date (subject to Infra agreement) for the migration is 26
Feb 2018.

The migration process will be:
- Make svn read only for trunk, 8.5.x and 7.0.x
- Turn off the svn->git replication for trunk, 8.5.x and 7.0.x
- Make git://git.apache.org/tomcat.git read/write for me only
- Perform the migration as set out in the wiki with the modifications
   described above
- Check the migration
- Make git://git.apache.org/tomcat.git read/write for all committers
   (Note: This automatically makes https://github.com/apache/tomcat
    read/write as well)

The critical work is done at this point. The following tasks are more
clean-up and may end up being spread over several days.

- Confirm there are no open PRs for https://github.com/apache/tomcat85
   and then delete it and git://git.apache.org/tomcat85.git
- Confirm there are no open PRs for https://github.com/apache/tomcat70
   and then delete it and git://git.apache.org/tomcat70.git
- Update the CI systems to pull the source from git
- Create /source.html and replace /svn.html with a redirect to
   /source.html
- Update migration guide to pull diffs from gitweb
- Update Tomcat Native to pull in source from git hash
- Fix anything else we have forgotten about.

If anything goes wrong and we can't fix is easily, the fallback is to
make svn read-write and go back to using svn while we clean up the git
side of things, figure out what went wrong and come up with a better
migration plan.

[X] +1 Go ahead with the migration

Thank you,

Igal