On 26/02/2019 13:54, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 1:33 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/tomcat
>>
>> is now ready for testing.
>>
>> It should contain:
>> branches
>> - master (9.0.x)
>> - 8.5.x
>> - 7.0.x
>>
>> Tags:
>> - one for each 7.0.x, 8.5.x and 9.0.x release
>>
>> Tags have all been renamed to follow a a.b.c-MODIFIERn format for
>> version number where modifier is RC or M.
>>
>> The repository is probably read/write for all committers now but please
>> refrain from making any changes until we confirm that all is well.
>>
>> If you have some time available now, please test this new repository and
>> report and questions or concerns to this thread.
>>
>> Assuming no issues are discovered, I'd like to formally move over to git
>> later today.
>>

> That looks quite good :)
>
> Should we plan to all work with PRs for large changes ?

That sounds like a better way of doing what we have done in the past
with large proposed patches.

I've just discovered that the Eclipse IDE does not support Git
worktrees. I'm not sure how much of a nuisance that is going to turn out
to be. IntelliJ IDEA does support worktrees and JetBrains offer open
source licenses so I've applied for one. I'm not sure the benefit of
worktree support is going to be worth the pain of switching IDEs. I
guess I'll find out...

I've done a diff and current git and svn HEAD agree. I've also done some
random checks of tags etc and all looks OK.

Next up I want to do a test commit. All, please don't commit to the repo
just yet - even if you see me making commits.

Thanks,